On 08/18/2016 09:04 AM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 17.8.2016 19:04, Nick Coghlan wrote:
[...]

Nice! Would it make sense for us to have a "tox" section in the
sidebar at
https://developer.fedoraproject.org/tech/languages/python/python-installation.html

that covers using these COPR builds with tox for cross-version
testing?

It would. My long term plan here actually is to put this in Fedora
proper and make tox Recommend all the Pythons, so you could just dnf
install tox and it would bring all the runtimes (and you could prevent
it if you didn't want (actually I have no idea if we ahve some
--without-recommends flag for dnf, but anyway...)).

As a note to anyone interested in alternate versions: The Guidelines were recently changed, so the Fedora review should be easier than expected.

I find the new wording ambiguous, so I'd like to follow as much of the process as practical, but it should prevent an eager reviewer from nitpicking 10-year-old specfile warts in python-2.6. I'd rather focus spec cleanup efforts on python3 ;)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Guidelines change] Changes to the packaging guidelines
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 13:25:15 -0500
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <ti...@math.uh.edu>
To: devel-annou...@lists.fedoraproject.org

Here are the recent changes to the packaging guidelines.

[...]

The review process document has been amended to note possible
exceptions, and to indicate that review is not needed in certain
situations where a different version of an existing package is being
added.

* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ReviewGuidelines#Package_Review_Process
* https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/637

--