On 12/01/2016 02:36 PM, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
We'll see how it will go. we have depgen for pkgconfig, libraries,
etc. for many years and people don't go and debug it immediately, but
for many of packages it will help a lot. Anyhow, we'll see after
couple of releases.

Yeah, absolutely. When it's battle-tested and solid, it will make packaging that much easier.

Neal suggested to have:
%__python_requires
%{_rpmconfigdir}/%{?pythondistdeps_enable:pythondistdeps.py}%{!?pythondistdeps_enable:pythondeps.sh}
--requires
in python.attr inside RPM.

Oh that's clever, I was wondering how things like that are done!

I tested it and it just works once I specify `%global
pythondistdeps_enable 1` in spec. Can you help me to get this
included? With RPM part it's clear how to get this, but updating
guidelines and other stuff...

AFAIK the best way to get the guidelines updated is to create an accompanying Fedora Change. [0] I sadly don't have free cycles to take that on, as I'm currently involved in 2 upcoming Fedora Changes, nevertheless I will gladly provide any help and guidance you might need!

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Policy