On 04/05/2017 08:17 AM, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 7:13 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5 April 2017 at 05:00, Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi,

I got this idea that the python{2,3}-ipykernel packages could recommend some
modules useful to use in the Jupyter Notebook.

Recommends:
  * numpy
  * matplotlib

Not sure if should be recommended or suggested:
  * pillow
  * scikit-image
  * scikit-learn
  * scipy
  * statsmodels
  * sympy
  * pandas
I'd move `pandas` into the "recommends", but `suggests` seems
reasonable to me for the others.
Note that Suggests are "ignored" by DNF, it is used only for
"favoring" packages if there are multiple provides.

Nice :) At least scipy (which is a core package just like numpy and matplotlib) and pandas should be recommended. For the Classroom Lab I think it would be nice to have the other packages too for scientific Python classes, but I think they should be added via a group or the kickstart itself to avoid bothering anyone who installs ipykernel.

Greetings,
Christian