Hi folks,

The Fedora 26 Alpha currently includes our downstream patch
backporting PEP 538 to Python 3.6 - an update to CPython to implicitly
coerce the legacy C locale to C.UTF-8 as the Python interpreter
process starts up.

I'm still aiming to have that PEP officially accepted for 3.7 upstream
before the F26 beta deadline (currently May 16th), but hit a slight
hitch recently when Barry Warsaw had to withdraw as BDFL-Delegate due
to a lack of sufficient time to devote to the review process.

Fortunately, Naoki Inada has agreed to take over the role, and Guido
signed off on the updated delegation today:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2017-April/147796.html

So with any luck, we should be able to get this change explicitly
approved by upstream within the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Nick.