On 2020-04-03 20:44, Miro Hrončok wrote:
Hello Python packagers.

I have just updated python-rpm-generators to python-rpm-generators-11-1.fc33 in Rawhide. It uses some fresh stuff from RPM 4.16 and will not be backported to older releases.

The python(abi) requirement is now added from a RPM Lua macro, instead of by executing a Shell script. This is a bit faster especially for packages with a lot of files. For 10 000 files in one package, the speedup is roughly from ~80 to ~2 seconds (time of the entire package build incl. creating the files from a Python script). That is a lot, but most of the real packages have much less files, so I am afraid you won't feel it.

Hi,
One thing I'm wondering about is: why is python(abi) provided by a generator, anyway? It's provided by a very small set of packages (python2 and python3 in Fedora). Couldn't it just be listed in those specfiles?