On 30. 08. 20 11:40, Alex Corcoles wrote:
I might for the moment make something pip-installable from a URL, so I have something "useful" as soon as possible, and postpone RPM packaging to after that.

I'd recommend making it pip installable from PyPI. That way you can have some CI (such as GitHub Action if GitHub is your git forge) to publish sdist / wheels to PyPI on every push to the default branch. With tools like setuptools_scm, you ensure that each newly created version on PyPI is automatically bumped. With git tags, you can control what versions are considered "stable" and what versions are considered "prereleases".

--
Miro Hrončok