Hello Pythonistas (and especially Jythonistas),

I've noticed Jython is orphaned in Fedora.

There is a new version 2.7.2 available from March 2020. I took a peek, however there are patches in Fedora's Jython I don't fully understand, so it is not easy for me to rebase them.

I'd like to keep Jython in Fedora, but my interest is not driven by any actual need. I don't know any actual Jythonistas using Fedora. Do you? Are there any?

I can help with the Python side of things wrt Jython maintenance, but my Java skills are almost non-existent.

If there is someone who would like to keep Jython in Fedora by maintaining it, even if they are not yet a packager, please talk to me.

Thanks,
--
Miro Hrončok