On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 03:24:28PM +0200, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> I've proposed the new guidelines as a Fedora change:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/PythonPackagingGuidelines202x

Some comments:

>  For example, if a user runs pip install requests[security]
Please quote 'requests[security]' in the command. [] are special to the shell.

> You MUST NOT disable the entire testsuite or ignore the result to solve a
> build failure.
I understand the sentiment, but I think this should be SHOULD NOT.
There are some projects where the testsuite it an unmanagable mess
of failures that change in each release. Saying MUST NOT will just mean
that more packages will be violating the guidelines.

> BuildRequires: %{py3_dist pytest}

Does it make sense to recommend py3_dist here? python3dist(pytest) is
not more complex but can be fed to 'dnf install' directly, so in the
end it's more flexible. I always find the macro more obfuscation than
anything for package names which don't require normalization.

Zbyszek