On 21. 08. 21 22:25, Elliott Sales de Andrade wrote:
In Dask, they have some extras that have effectively been removed, but
they kept them in their config for backwards compatibility.

In Fedora, I would like to remove the meta-subpackages, as they don't
provide any additional Requires. As such, I would like to Obsolete
them from the main package, and as a direct replacement, it should
also Provides the old extra subpackage.

Is there a way to automatically create all the various Provides
aliases that %pyproject_extras_subpkg would normally do?

Unfortunately, not yet. You either keep the packages even though they are useless or you do something like this:

%package -n python3-dask
Provides:  python3dist(dask[foo]) = %{version}
Provides:  python%{python3_version}dist(dask[foo]) = %{version}
Obsoletes: python3-dask+foo < 1.2.3-4

Note that %{version} is an approximation, the automatic provides do some version mangling, such as stripping trailing .0s.

I think a pull requests that adds a reasonable macro for this would be accepted, but I myself won't have time to work on that any time soon.

--
Miro Hrončok