On 23. 12. 21 23:31, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 04:51:36PM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
Top posting because replying from my phone, but I think it'd be great to
have in EPEL 9 because it's essential for some packages to build. The same
goes for Poetry, which is now used for software made by Fedora
Infrastructure these days.

Do we (as in Fedora) have any preference which way, between setuptools,
poetry, and flit?

Not really.

Asking because I'm writing a new tool and I wonder which build system to
use.

If there is a chance you'll ever target EPEL 8 or lesser, stick with setuptools and keep at least a small setup.py shim. I've seen Fedora infra packaging noggin with poetry and then struggling to package it for EPEL 8:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1898395

--
Miro Hrončok