I've been poking at some packages that BR python3-docs, like python-zope-event. This apparently comes from a sphinx inventory:

# Use local objects.inv for intersphinx
sed -i "s|\('https://docs\.python\.org/': \)None|\1'%{_docdir}/python3-docs/html/objects.inv'|" docs/conf.py

If I build without python3-docs present I get the following message but the build succeeds:

Running Sphinx v3.4.3
making output directory... done
WARNING: failed to reach any of the inventories with the following issues:
intersphinx inventory '/usr/share/doc/python3-docs/html/objects.inv' not fetchable due to <class 'FileNotFoundError'>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/share/doc/python3-docs/html/objects.inv'

Is this a problem or can we safely ignore it? Is there a better way to remove the intersphinx dep?

If not, how best to get python3-docs into EL9?

Thanks.

--
Orion Poplawski
he/him/his  - surely the least important thing about me