On 8/13/22 22:30, Scott Talbert wrote:
On Sat, 13 Aug 2022, Orion Poplawski wrote:

Can anyone tell me why python-astroid gets built as "UNKNOWN" on EPEL9?

Executing(%generate_buildrequires): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.mum5to
+ umask 022
+ cd /builddir/build/BUILD
+ cd astroid-2.12.1
+ echo pyproject-rpm-macros
+ echo python3-devel
+ echo 'python3dist(pip) >= 19'
+ echo 'python3dist(packaging)'
+ '[' -f pyproject.toml ']'
+ echo 'python3dist(toml)'
+ rm -rfv UNKNOWN.dist-info/
removed 'UNKNOWN.dist-info/top_level.txt'
removed 'UNKNOWN.dist-info/CONTRIBUTORS.txt'
removed 'UNKNOWN.dist-info/METADATA'
removed 'UNKNOWN.dist-info/LICENSE'
removed directory 'UNKNOWN.dist-info/'
+ '[' -f /usr/bin/python3 ']'
+ RPM_TOXENV=py39
+ HOSTNAME=rpmbuild
+ /usr/bin/python3 -s /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/pyproject_buildrequires.py --generate-extras --python3_pkgversion 3
Handling setuptools from build-system.requires
Requirement satisfied: setuptools
  (installed: setuptools 53.0.0)
Handling wheel from build-system.requires
Requirement satisfied: wheel
  (installed: wheel 0.36.2)
HOOK STDOUT: running egg_info
HOOK STDOUT: creating UNKNOWN.egg-info
HOOK STDOUT: writing UNKNOWN.egg-info/PKG-INFO
HOOK STDOUT: writing dependency_links to UNKNOWN.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
HOOK STDOUT: writing top-level names to UNKNOWN.egg-info/top_level.txt
HOOK STDOUT: writing manifest file 'UNKNOWN.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
HOOK STDOUT: reading manifest file 'UNKNOWN.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
HOOK STDOUT: reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
HOOK STDOUT: adding license file 'LICENSE'
HOOK STDOUT: adding license file 'CONTRIBUTORS.txt'
HOOK STDOUT: writing manifest file 'UNKNOWN.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
Handling wheel from get_requires_for_build_wheel
Requirement satisfied: wheel
  (installed: wheel 0.36.2)
HOOK STDOUT: running dist_info
HOOK STDOUT: writing UNKNOWN.egg-info/PKG-INFO
HOOK STDOUT: writing dependency_links to UNKNOWN.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
HOOK STDOUT: writing top-level names to UNKNOWN.egg-info/top_level.txt
HOOK STDOUT: reading manifest file 'UNKNOWN.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
HOOK STDOUT: reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
HOOK STDOUT: adding license file 'LICENSE'
HOOK STDOUT: adding license file 'CONTRIBUTORS.txt'
HOOK STDOUT: writing manifest file 'UNKNOWN.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
HOOK STDOUT: creating '/builddir/build/BUILD/astroid-2.12.1/UNKNOWN.dist-info' HOOK STDOUT: adding license file "CONTRIBUTORS.txt" (matched pattern "CONTRIBUTORS.txt")
HOOK STDOUT: adding license file "LICENSE" (matched pattern "LICENSE")

My first guess would be you need newer setuptools (>= 61.0.0, I think).

Scott

Yeah, I'm just going to stick with 2.11.X for EPEL9.  Thanks.

--
Orion Poplawski
he/him/his  - surely the least important thing about me