Hi Mikel.

The way upstream manages the dependencies of the project seems to be weird to me. They use setuptools as a build backend and have runtime dependencies in pyproject.toml but at the same time, they have Pipfile and Pipfile.lock with runtime and test dependencies.

The best would be to have the list of testing dependencies defined in pyproject.toml as extras.

But, it does not really matters to you because it seems that the list of the test dependencies is full of linter, formatters and type checkers you should not use in Fedora: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Python/#_linters

So, even if it would be possible to use the list of test dependencies in the specfile, you should remove a lot of them first so it's probably easier to just specify the subset of them you really need.

Hope that helps. Have a nice day.

Lumír