On 30-04-2023 17:00, Ben Beasley wrote:
You’re right that project.dependencies has numpy>=1.22.3[1], but
upstream is also pinning numpy versions in the build-system.requires
section[2] in the same manner as oldest-supported-numpy[3]. This is for
PyPI distribution purposes; we don’t need to build wheels that support
numpy versions older than the one in Fedora, so you can un-pin these
downstream. I would do something like this in %prep:

      # Do not attempt to build with an old version of numpy; this makes
sense for
      # PyPI distribution (oldest-supported-numpy) but not here.
      sed -r -i 's/(numpy)==/\1>=/' pyproject.toml

:facepalm:

I pledge tunnelvision (didn't scroll down far enough).

Thanks Ben!

-- Sandro