I don't think it's a good idea to enable an experimental feature on the main Python that runs all the system tools, that could wreak untold havoc in ways we can't tell yet. Especially since it's a brand new experimental feature.

If we really want to try it, adding it as a variant sounds best to me. 4 vs 6 build variants is not such a big leap, and for any time-sensitive work on the Python spec file it can be turned off anyway for scratch builds.

Tomas