On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Mark Lawrence via Python-ideas
<python-ideas@python.org> wrote:
> I'd have also thought that if this idea was to be "wildly popular" it would
> have been done years ago.

Here's my question, though, if you want to see the lanterns so badly,
why haven't you gone before?
-- Flynn Rider, to Rapunzel

There are a good few reasons, one of which is simply "nobody's
actually done the work to implement it". And a lot of end users might
be excited to use something if it were implemented, but wouldn't think
to ask for it if nobody mentioned it. Spotting the feature that isn't
there is a pretty hard thing to do (unless you're comparing two
products and can say "what I want is program X but with feature Q from
program Y").

ChrisA