>From that page:

> User-defined literals are basically normal function calls with a fancy
> syntax. [...] While user defined literals look very neat, they are not much
> more than syntactic sugar. There is not much difference between defining
> and calling a literal operator with "foo"_bar and doing the same with an
> ordinary function as bar("foo"). In theory, we could write literal
> operators that have side effects and do anything we want, like a normal
> function.

Obviously the arbitrary-function-part of that will never happen in Python
(yes?)

Also, for discussion, remember to make the distinction between 'units'
(amps, meters, seconds) and 'prefixes' (micro, milli, kilo, mega). Right
away from comments, it seems 1_m could look like 1 meter to some, or 0.001
to others. Typically when I need to enter very small/large literals, I'll
use "engineering" SI notation (powers divisible by 3 that correspond to the
prefixes): 0.1e-9 = 0.1 micro____.