From: "Alexander Belopolsky" <alexander.belopol...@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎12/‎12/‎2016 19:47
To: "Steven D'Aprano" <st...@pearwood.info>
Cc: "python-ideas" <python-ideas@python.org>
Subject: Re: [Python-ideas] Enhancing vars()

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:

Proposal: enhance vars() to return a proxy to the object namespace,
regardless of whether said namespace is __dict__ itself, or a number of
__slots__, or both.

How do you propose dealing with classes defined in C?  Their objects don't have
__slots__.

One possibility is to use __dir__ or dir(), but those can return anything and
in the past developers
were encouraged to put only "useful" attributes in __dir__.