On 01/27/2017 01:07 PM, Brent Brinkley wrote:

I’m relatively new to the world of python

Welcome!

 but in my short time here I’ve
 fallen in love with how readable this language is. One issue that I’ve
 seen in a lot of languages struggle with is nested function calls.
 Parenthesis when nested inherently create readability issues. I stumbled
 upon what I believe is an elegant solution within the elm platform in
 their use of the backward pipe operator <|.

Please use text -- it save responders from having to reenter the non-text
content>

Suggested structure:

  print() <| some_func() <| another_func("Hello")

My first question is what does this look like when print() and some_func() have
other parameters?  In other words, what would this look like?

    print('hello', name, some_func('whatsit', another_func('good-bye')), sep='
.-. ')

Currently, I would format that as:

   print(
        'hello',
        name,
        some_func(
             'whatsit',
             another_func(
                 'good-bye')
                 ),
              ),
        )

Okay, maybe a few more new-lines than such a short example requires, but that's
the idea.

--
~Ethan~