On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 3:29 AM, Joseph Hackman <josephhack...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ChrisA: I am not sure about collections. I think it may be fine to not
> special case it: if the act of putting it in the collection reads anything,
> then it is evaluated, and if it doesn't it isn't. The ideal design goal for
> this would be that all existing code continues to function as if the change
> wasn't made at all, except that the value is evaluated at a different time.

Yeah, I'm just worried that it'll become useless without that. For
instance, passing arguments to a function that uses *a,**kw is going
to package your thunk into a collection, and that's how (eg) the
logging module will process it.

It's not going to be easy to have a simple AND useful definition of
"this collapses the waveform, that keeps it in a quantum state", but
sorting that out is fairly key to the proposal.

ChrisA