On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Elliot Gorokhovsky <
elliot.gorokhov...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would imagine that fewer than even 10% of lists in real world code ever
> get sorted. I mean, just crawl PyPI and look for `.sort()` or `sorted()`;
> you'll find it's not that common.

I think I must sort things a lot more often than most people :-).

But also, it's not just the number of list objects that are sorted, but how
often it's done.  I could have a 10,000 line program with only one call to
`my_list.sort()` in it... but that one line is something that is called
inside an inner loop.  This feels like it really needs profiling not just
static analysis.