On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Case Van Horsen <cas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [veering off-topic]
>
> I've implemented mutable integers as part of the gmpy2 library. The
> eXperimental MPZ (xmpz) type breaks many of the normal rules.

looks like you've added a lot more than mutability :-)

> I'm not sure how useful it really is

Exactly -- when this comes up, I tend to think "I should make a mutable
integer and put it on PyPi" -- but then I realize that the use case at hand
is better handled another way. I have yet to encounter a use case where is
seems like the best way to handle it. IT's mostly people trying to write C#
(or another language) in Python :-)

But a good exercise in writing code to emulate types in python....

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov