On 4 August 2017 at 14:20, Joao S. O. Bueno <jsbu...@python.org.br> wrote:
> Had not this been discussed here earlier this year?
>
> (And despite there being perceived dangers to readability in the long term,
> was accepted?)
>
> Here it is on an archive:
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2017-February/044551.html

>From a very brief review of the end of that thread, it looks like it
was agreed that a PEP might be worthwhile - it was expected to be
rejected, though, and the PEP would simply document the discussion and
the fact that the idea was rejected. This agrees with my recollection
of the discussion, as well. But as far as I'm aware, no-one ever wrote
that PEP. (Not surprising, I guess, as it's hard to get enthusiastic
about proposing an idea you know in advance will be rejected).

Paul