21.09.17 18:23, Victor Stinner пише:
My vote is now -1 on extending the Python syntax to add hexadecimal
floating literals.

While I was first in favor of extending the Python syntax, I changed
my mind. Float constants written in hexadecimal is a (very?) rare use
case, and there is already float.fromhex() available.

A new syntax is something more to learn when you learn Python. Is it
worth it? I don't think so. Very few people need to write hexadecimal
constants in their code.

Initially I was between -0 and +0. The cost of implementing this feature is not zero, but it looked harmless (while almost useless). But after reading the discussion (in particular the comments of proponents) I'm closer to -1.

This feature can be useful for very few people. And they already have float.fromhex(). Taking to account the nature of Python the arguments for literals are weaker than in case of statically compiled languages. For the rest of users it rather adds confusion and misunderstanding. And don't forgot about non-zero cost. You will be impressed by the number of places just in the CPython core and stdlib that should be updated for supporting a new type of literals.