On 2017-10-17 07:26, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
17.10.17 17:06, Nick Coghlan пише:
>Keep in mind we're not talking about a regular loop you can break out of
>with Ctrl-C here - we're talking about a tight loop inside the
>interpreter internals that leads to having to kill the whole host
>process just to get out of it.
And this is the root of the issue. Just let more tight loops be
interruptible with Ctrl-C, and this will fix the more general issue.

I was just thinking the same thing. I think in general it's always bad for code to be uninterruptible with Ctrl-C. If these infinite iterators were fixed so they could be interrupted, this containment problem would be much less painful.

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."