Hi Michel,

That's exactly why I proposed a `pip` function available from the Python
prompt.
I suppose you could still tell your students to copy/paste the following
into their
Python interpreter.

def pip(args):
    import sys
    import subprocess
    subprocess.check_call([sys.executable, "-m", "pip"] + args.split())
    print("Please restart Python now to use installed or upgraded
packages.")

I suppose an alternative is to set up jupyterhub

https://jupyterhub.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

and let all your students just access that from a webbrowser.

Stephan