On 27 March 2018 at 19:43, Ethan Furman <et...@stoneleaf.us> wrote:

> On 03/27/2018 11:12 AM, Ivan Levkivskyi wrote:
>
>> On 27 March 2018 at 18:19, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>

> Hm, so maybe we shouldn't touch lambda, but we can at least fix the scope
>>> issues for comprehensions and genexprs.
>>>

>> Removing the implicit function scope in comprehensions is something I
>> wanted for long time.
>> It would not only "fix" the scoping, but will also fix the yield inside
>> comprehensions.
>>

> Can we do it without leaking names?

If you mean this

[i for i in range(5)]

i  # NameError

then yes, this is possible. Serhiy outlined the implementation few moths
ago. The rough idea is to use automatic re-naming.
The only problem with this is that if someone will step into debugger one
will see a name like <comp>.0.i instead of i.
But this can be solved in the debuggers.

--
Ivan