On 2018-04-08 10:41, Kyle Lahnakoski wrote:
For example before I read the docs on
itertools.accumulate(list_of_length_N, func), here are the unknowns I see:

It sounds like you're saying you don't like using functions because you have to read documentation. That may be so, but I don't have much sympathy for that position. One of the most useful features of functions is that they exist as defined chunks of code that can be explicitly documented. Snippets of inline code are harder to document and harder to "address" in the sense of identifying precisely which chunk of code is being documented.

If the documentation for accumulate doesn't give the information that people using it need to know, that's a documentation bug for sure, but it doesn't mean we should stop using functions.

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."