On 04/13/2018 05:02 AM, Jacco van Dorp wrote:

I must admit I like putting the expression first, though. Even if it's
just to make it harder to mix it up with normal assignment. Perhaps =>
could be used - it's a new token, unlike -> which is used to annotate
return values, it's not legal syntax now(so no backwards compatibility
issues), and used a for similar purposes in for example php when
declaring associative arrays.($arr = array("key"=>"value");). I'm not
convinced myself, though.

The problem with => is that it's the opposite of >= which means typos would not
cause SyntaxError and be hard to spot.

--
~Ethan~