On 2018-05-18 17:54, Mike Miller wrote:
> Background:
>
> While the previous discussions about assignment-expressions (PEP 572)
> (abbreviated AE below) have been raging one thing that was noticeable is that
> folks have been looking back to C for a solution.
>
> But how are newer languages solving the problem today? Believe Ryan brought > this up first on the list, but it had been in the back of my mind as well. > Finally have compiled my research, corrections welcome. In alphabetical order:

Thanks, it is really great to see that comparison. That definitely pushes me even more towards disliking the assignment-expression proposals and preferring a more specific change to the syntax of particular constructs (if, while, maybe comprehensions) --- or no change at all.

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."