On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 06:53:53 +1000
Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Which is back to what Steven said: people demand such a high
> >> bar for new syntax that few existing pieces of syntax would pass it.
> >
> > Probably. That's what happens when a language is mature. Personally I
> > don't think that's a bad thing.
>
> I do. It means people place crazily high demands on new proposals.

"Crazy" is just a personal judgement.  I do think high (and even very
high) demands are entirely justified by the language's maturity.

> Imagine if we were talking about people, rather than features in a
> language; imagine if, to join the Warriors Guild, you had to first
> slay a red dragon with nothing but a rusty dagger, despite none of the
> existing members having done so.

This is the silliest analogy I have seen on this list for a very long
time.

If someone thinks getting their PEP accepted is like belonging to a
« Warriors Guild » (whatever that is in the real world), I'd question
their motivations for contributing.

Regards

Antoine.