On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 3:49 AM, Robert Vanden Eynde <robertv...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> When I say "functional programming", I speak about the paradigm used in
> language like Haskell. In language like those, all constructs are
> "expression-based".

sure -- but Python is explicitly NOT a functional language in that sense.
It does support some functional paradigms, but features are not added to
conform to the functional paradigm per-se, but because they are considered
useful features.

So one needs to defend a new proposal with arguments about how it makes
python programming better (by SOME definition of better) on its own merits.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov