> Using keyword arguments is not painful. It's ugly in some unusual cases, such
> as creating helper functions with nearly the same signature.

It’s more painful than positional. To me the fact that everyone who works on
code bases that are of non-trivial size see positional arguments being used for
calls with more than 3 arguments is a pretty obvious proof. I know I write them
myself because it’s nicer even though you’ll have a hard time finding someone
who is more of a proponent for kwargs everywhere than me!

I feel this pain daily. You aren’t me so you can’t say if I feel this or not.

> I try to avoid that situation in my own code. It sometimes requires a
> significant design change, but I'm usually pleased with the results. If you
> don't have the inclination to reconsider the design, it could be nice to
> create a standard code pattern for these pass-through functions to make them
> more beautiful.

Not talking about those. But I agree that fixing those might be a good first
step. Unless it hinders the progress of the bigger issue of course.

I’ll repeat myself: what about .format()? If you localize you can’t use
f-strings. What about templates in web apps? Obviously f-strings won’t do. What
about json blobs in REST APIs? Again no help from f-strings. What about
functions with more than 3 arguments generally?

/ Anders