On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 11:35 AM Anders Hovmöller <bo...@killingar.net>
wrote:

> Using keyword arguments is not painful. It's ugly in some unusual cases,
> such as creating helper functions with nearly the same signature.
>
> It’s more painful than positional. To me the fact that everyone who works
> on code bases that are of non-trivial size see positional arguments being
> used for calls with more than 3 arguments is a pretty obvious proof.

Looking through my recent code, I find I rarely call functions passing more
than 3 arguments, unless using * or ** unpacking. This might be part of the
difference in our styles.

I feel this pain daily. You aren’t me so you can’t say if I feel this or
> not.

Yes, of course. Pain is subjective. Are you aware that changing Python
syntax is painful for not only the implementers, but also the users?