On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 09:05:33AM -0400, "Mark E. Haase" <meha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 8:09 AM Oleg Broytman <p...@phdru.name> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 01:46:10PM +0400, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer <
> > arj.pyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > i miss a +1 button
> >
> >    It's absence is a big advantage. We're not a social network with
> > "likes". We don't need a bunch of argumentless "voting"
>
> It's difficult to
> keep track of all these disparate, unstructured votes

   There is no need to track them.

> GitHub added +1 and -1 buttons

   GitHub is a social network so it's natural for them to add "likes".

> (If I could have +1'ed Abdur-Rahmaan's e-mail, I wouldn't have written this
> response.)

   That message was rather bad in my not so humble opinion -- it was
just "I want my +1 button" without any argument. Your message is much
better as it have arguments. See, the absence of the button work!

   We're proposing and *discussing* things here not "likes" each other.
Write your arguments or be silent.

Oleg.
--
    Oleg Broytman            https://phdru.name/            p...@phdru.name