On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 5:53 AM Anders Hovmöller <bo...@killingar.net>
wrote:

> wrote originally. It reads to an outsider as “if you don’t know what’s
> wrong I’m not going to tell you”.
> >
> > More like, if you're not sufficiently familiar with the community or
> > the language,
>
> And now you made it sound even worse by insinuating that I don’t know the
> language and maybe I’m not a part of the community.

Anders, I'm sorry you feel that everyone is piling onto you. I don't think
they intend to pick specifically on you at all. What Stephen and Paul are
describing applies to everyone who wants to write a PEP. I think
collectively we haven't spent enough time writing up guidelines for new PEP
authors to make it possible for someone to start writing a PEP without
asking questions about how to write a PEP.  I think part of the problem is
that every author has a different background -- some folks come with great
technical and writing skills but without much experience with how debate
works in the Python (core dev) community; others have experience using the
language and interacting with the community and have good ideas but lack
writing skills or understanding of the technicalities of parsers and
interpreters. So instead of writing a complete guide to writing a PEP (and
getting it approved), we have to answer questions and help prospective
authors based on the text they show us.

I have to admit that I've not followed the full context, but I recommend
that you try to see that other posters in this thread are trying to help
with kindness, not judging you or your skills. Good luck with your PEP,
whatever it is about!

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)