Hi Paul,
I only had a contracts library in mind (standardized so that different
modules with contracts can interact and that the ecosystem for automic
testing could emerge). I was never thinking about the philosophy or design
methodology (where you write _all_ the contracts first and then have the
implementation fulfill them). I should have clarified that more. I
personally also don't think that such a methodology is practical.

I really see contracts as verifiable docs that rot less fast than human
text and are formally precise / less unambiguous than human text. Other
aspects such as deeper tests and hand-braking (e.g., as postconditions
which can't be practically implemented in python without exit stack context
manager) are also nice to have.

I should be done with pathlib contracts by tonight if I manage to find some
spare time in the evening.

Cheers,
Marko