On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 01:42:54PM +0200, Anders Hovmöller wrote:

> The multiply a list/string thing is a big mistake imo. You almost
> never use it so the cost of not having it is almost nothing while the
> cost of having type errors propagate beyond the point where they
> happened is big.

I use string repetition and concatenation frequently. For example, for
indenting a string I much prefer this:

    string = " "*n + string

over something like

    string = ''.join([''.join(' ' for __ in range(n)), string])

List repetition, not so often, but I do use list concatenation and even
more so tuple concatenation.

So I disagree that they are "almost never" used, or that they are a
mistake. If we didn't have string `+` and `*`, and list `+`, I would
certainly have to roll my own as functions.

--
Steven