On Oct 27, 2019, at 16:37, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But a raise expression doesn't really make sense in that way - it
> can't possibly have any value. It would be possible to use a raise
> expression in a lambda function or an if/else expression, but other
> than that, there wouldn't be much to gain.

Well, also comprehensions. (And, I suppose, or/and expressions abused as
if/else shortcuts, but that’s even less useful than lambdas and comprehensions.)

But I’m not arguing that this is useful for the same reason yield_expression
was useful. I don’t think this is useful enough to change the language at all.
It’s perfectly fine that in the rare occasions when you have a good reason to
raise in a lambda or a comprehension, you have to define a trivial one-line
throw function.

The point of the paragraph you’re replying to is that if I’m wrong about that,
and we really do need to change the language to allow raise in expressions, it
should be done like yield, not like print.