On 12/04/2019 08:39 AM, Random832 wrote:
On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, at 08:26, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
03.12.19 20:43, Brett Cannon пише:
-1 from me. I can see someone not realizing an operator was changed,
assuming it's standard semantics, and then having things break subtly.
And debugging this wouldn't be fun either. To me this is monkeypatching
without an explicit need for it, i.e. if you really want different
semantics in your module then define a function and use that instead of
influence-at-a-distance overriding of syntax.

This will also add a significant performance penalty to any code (even
if you do not use any hooks). -1 from me too.

My proposal was that any module that never uses any hooks compiles to the exact
same bytecode, and executes exactly the same way, as it does now.

Are the low-level details, such as following the mro, in the bytecode?  If not,
the bytecode would be the same either way.

--
~Ethan~