I can understand current way is little redundancy. But making new Keyword OR,
AND or something like that is not kind to beginners.
I don't think this proposal follows the zen of Python.

However, I think what you want to say is  nice.
So, I propose this way.

if (1, 2, 3) or in [1, 4, 5]:
   code

if {"1", "2", "3"} and in "2020":
   code

I don't think this is perfect suggestion. But I'm happy if I can write in
this(or something like this) way.

And to ChrisA.

If one of the elements were instance of list(or unhashable type), that won't
work.
like below.

class OR:
        def __init__(self, *args):
                self.data = args
        def in_(self, other):
                return any((x in other for x in self.data))

print({[1], [2], [3]} & [[1], [3]])  # invalid
print(OR([1], [2], [3]).in_([[1], [3]]))  # valid

thank you.