> But couldn't you just write a simple helper function/class that handles your
> usual workflow?

I do when I’m the one calling subprocess.run() but it’s not possible to do that
when it’s a library that does the call.

> Why does this deserve in the stdlib?
> (The stdlib does very little logging of its own -- logging is up to the
> application.)

Some parts of the stdlib output some logs like urllib, I think only the
configuration of the handlers is up to the application.

Is the stdlib not generating logs because of the overhead of calling
logging.info()?

> It's not logging per se, but the standard library does have an
> extensive and growing list of audit events that are intended to assist
> with testing, logging and security monitoring.

Thanks, It looks like an audit hook could work.