On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 at 12:33, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Being able to easily distinguish "that isn't callable" from "the
> parameters don't line up" from "the function, during execution, raised
> TypeError" would be useful.

I **completely** agree. And I add that the change can also be
non-breaking, if the new ArgumentError is simply a subclass of
TypeError. Yes, it's incorrect, but this way no old code will break.

PS: if you read the official docs
(https://docs.python.org/3/library/exceptions.html#TypeError):

> exception TypeError
> Raised when an operation or function is applied to an object of inappropriate
> type.

etc. It's never stated that TypeError should be raised when the number
of arguments is invalid, for example. It seems that TypeError itself
is saying "now I'm used outside my scope" :-)