On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 07:50:30PM +0200, Alex Hall wrote:

> > And what would you do if you wanted to call:
> >
> > self.do_something(positional, keyword=keyword, keyword1=somethingelse,
> > keyword2=keyword2)
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Eric
> >

> I think this is still pretty clear:
>
> self.do_something(positional, *, keyword, keyword1=somethingelse, keyword2)

It's not clear to me. It's currently (3.8) illegal syntax, and I have no
idea what the `*` would mean in the function call.

I know what it means in function definitions, but somehow we seem to
have (accidentally?) flipped from talking about Rhodi's dislike of the
`*` in function *definitions* to an (imaginary? proposed?) use of `*` in
function *calls*.

Have I missed something?

--
Steven