@ChrisAngelico @EricVSmith Thank you for be willing to sponsor the PEP. I think
it may be best to start writing it already, as I see it, the proposal wasn't a
clear no (nor a clear yes but if it was to be, probably someone else would
already have proposed something in these lines and we wouldn't be discussing
this right now).

I've thought of this proposal for 2 years from now and I still think to date
that it would be a really nice feature. Like @ChrisAngelico, I have written and
reviewed so many different code that would benefit from such a feature that I
do believe this deserves consideration from the community. If this ends up on
we rejecting the idea that's fine, at least we give closure to this.

I do wish to carry on with writing a PEP with your help guys. What's the next
step?