On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 10:03:50AM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Guys, is it really worth saving a few hits on the auto-complete key
> by adding even more mysterious twists to the existing Python function
> call syntax ?
>
> The current version already strikes me as way too complex.
> It's by far the most complex piece of grammar we have in Python:

(I think you pasted the typedarglist rules twice.)

Now that Python is moving to a PEG parser, could it be simplified?

Might we get sequence-unpacking parameters back again?

    # Legal in Python 2, illegal in Python 3.
    py> def func(a, (b, c), d):
    ...     print a, b, c, d
    py> func(1, "ab", 3)
    1 a b 3

I know that was a feature that got removed only because it was hard to
specify in the grammer, even though it was used by lots of people.

--
Steven