On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 15:49, Brandt Bucher <brandtbuc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Of course, the fact that zip() is the shorter form that everyone is used to
> > means that, even if a strict argument is added, few people will bother
> > adding it.
>
> I know that I, and everyone on my team, would use it frequently!

To be clear - would you catch the error in your code? What would you
do when it was raised? Or are you simply wanting, in effect, an assert
when some iterables remain unexhausted? Because I can imagine that
wanting builtins to assert when their preconditions are untrue is
something that might be considered a more common desire - but it's a
much wider change in design philosophy than just zip().

Paul