On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 1:22 AM Soni L. <fakedme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> looking further into it, zip() already guarantees the StopIteration isn't
> gonna preserve the original StopIteration, so this should be a non-breaking
> change:
>
> https://docs.python.org/3/library/functions.html#zip

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand you here - do you mean that it
*doesn't* guarantee that it *will* preserve it, or is there actually a
guarantee that it will *not* preserve it?

> Equivalent to:

Bear in mind that the equivalencies aren't always exact.

>         result = []
>         for it in iterators:
>             elem = next(it, sentinel)
>             if elem is sentinel:
>                 return
>             result.append(elem)
>
> my proposal is to change that "return" into "return tuple(result)".

That'd make it show up as the exception's 'value', not in its args. If
indeed there's no guarantee, then I would fully support this change -
should be a non-breaking change and could be convenient.

ChrisA