Hello,

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 13:42:05 +0300
Ram Rachum <r...@rachum.com> wrote:

> I was playing around with deque today, and there were a couple of
> operations I wanted to do, that can't really be done efficiently with
> deque because of its implementation.
>
> I was iterating through items of a deque, and in some cases I wanted
> to delete an item that I've found. As far as I understand, this is an
> operation that should be O(1) in a linked list, but Python only
> provides an O(N) way to do that, which is `del d[i]`.
>
> The same can be said for inserting items in the middle.
>
> What do you think about adding this to `deque`? The API will be
> tricky, admittedly, because you'll have to save some kind of
> reference to a cell in the deque.

Deque is a data structure which allows efficient insertion/deletion from
2 ends of the structure, period.

If you want a different data structure, like linked list, or
doubly-linked list, with different set of operations, implement such a
data structure (it's trivial, and being done by other people all the
time).

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmis...@gmail.com