On Sun, May 24, 2020, 9:03 PM Rob Cliffe via Python-ideas

> In fact it's *more* intuitive than what we do now (evaluation is strictly
> left-to-right),  as can be seen with composed functions:
>
>      ((path)str)len

Forth was created in 1970. The idea isn't brand new.

C is two years newer (1972). But Algol is 12 years older (1958).

Most languages of the last 30 years seem to be influenced most by C, or at
least the Algol tradition for basic syntax. That doesn't mean it's better,
but it won out for whatever reason.

Smalltalk (1972) is interestingly different from either the Forth or Algol
style. But closer to Forth.

Fwiw, I don't think I'd have much difficulty adjusting to the postfix
calling style, but Python isn't going to do that, even in version 17.3 in
2100.